Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who I Am

My name is Erica Chu, and I am a graduate student at Loyola University Chicago seeking a PhD in English and a concentration in Women Studies and Gender Studies. My subject areas are contemporary literature of the Americas, postcolonial literature, and feminist and gender theory, and I have taught College Writing and Women in Literature at Loyola. I received my MA from Loyola in 2007 and my BA in English (with a minor in International Studies) from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2006. I also received an Associates Degree in Missions from Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri in 2002.

I am a former military brat and have lived all over. I write poetry from time to time, love to watch movies, and dabble at guitar and djembe. I am also dying to learn violin.

I attend Broadway United Methodist Church, am a big fan of welcoming churches, and love Jesus like mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment